It's Time to Tell Him
It's Time to Tell Him
There is a conversation coming up that I have been putting off for a very long time.
I am writing this before I do it because of two things.
I want you to know before this blog gets shut down if that is what he wants.
It also forces my hand to tell him. So I do not chicken out.
I have decided that I need to tell my husband about my blogs.
If you've followed me for any length of time, you know that I have always tried to honor my husband. I've also admitted that my blogs have been the one secret I've kept from him. I have struggled with that for a long time. I justified it by telling myself that I needed an outlet. I needed to write. I needed to connect with others who understood this lifestyle.
But a recent event made me realize that my secret isn't affecting only me anymore.
A few days ago, I made a mistake.
I forgot to tag one of my blog posts with a warning that it contained sexual content.
One of my readers read it before realizing what it contained. She does not have permission from her husband to read explicit material. I felt awful. It was completely my fault. I normally try to make those warnings very clear so readers can make informed decisions before clicking.
I wrote to her husband and apologized for my oversight.
His reply was gracious. He told me that he had handled the matter with his wife. Then he added something that has stayed with me ever since.
He said he hoped I would have a talk with my own husband about my mistake.
Those words hit me harder than I expected. He wasn't rude. He wasn't condemning me. He simply reminded me that I have a husband too.
As much as I wanted to brush his comment aside, I couldn't. I realized that if I truly believe in accountability, then I can't expect it only when it is convenient.
So I've decided it's time.
I'm going to tell my husband about my blogs.
To say I'm nervous would be the understatement of the year.
I think he'll probably be okay with my Spanking Blog.
After all, that's where I write about our relationship, our marriage, and the lessons I've learned through domestic discipline. While I never use our real names or identifying details, those posts are mostly reflections on our lives together.
But then there are my other blogs.
Lisa's Fiction worries me.
Those stories are fictional, but many of them come from ideas, dreams, and fantasies I've had over the years. Some of those thoughts I've never shared with him. There is a vulnerability in knowing your spouse may suddenly discover an entire side of your imagination that you've kept tucked away.
And then there's the one that scares me the most.
Lisa's Spanking Journal.
That blog contains my personal journals about our discipline sessions. It is where I write about what I was thinking, what I learned, how I felt afterward, and the impact those moments have had on me. While I have always tried to protect his identity, those entries are deeply personal because they involve him.
I'm honestly afraid of how he'll feel knowing I've shared those parts of our marriage. The fear isn't that he'll be angry. The fear is that he'll tell me to shut them all down. That possibility breaks my heart. Not because I care about page views. .
But because of all of you. Since the start this has become so much more than a place where I dump my thoughts. It has become a community. I've laughed with you, I've cried with you, I've prayed for many of you even if you didn’t know it, I've celebrated marriages that have grown stronger. I've exchanged emails with people who felt completely alone until they found this little corner of the internet.
Some of you have been reading since my very first posts. Many of you have become friends, even if we've never met.
Losing that would be incredibly difficult.
At the same time, I have to ask myself a hard question.
If I truly believe my husband is the head of our home...
If I truly believe in honesty...
If I truly believe in accountability...
...then can I continue keeping this part of my life hidden from him?
I don't think I can anymore. I'm not walking into this conversation to argue. I'm not planning a defense. I'm going to tell him the truth.
I'm going to explain why I started writing in the first place. How lonely I felt. How writing helped me process my thoughts. How many wonderful people I've met because of these blogs. How often readers have encouraged me just as much as I've encouraged them.
Then I'll listen.
Maybe he'll surprise me.
Maybe he'll have concerns I haven't considered.
Maybe he'll ask me to make changes.
Or maybe he'll tell me to stop entirely.
I honestly don't know.
What I do know is that
I love him.
I respect him.
And even though this conversation scares me, I think keeping the secret scares me more.
If you pray, I would truly appreciate your prayers over the next few days.
Pray that I speak honestly.
Pray that he listens with an open heart.
Pray that we can have a conversation filled with grace instead of fear.
And, selfishly, pray that this little community we've built together can continue.
Whatever happens, I want to know that I chose honesty.
I think that's a better foundation than secrecy.
I'll let you know how the conversation goes.
I plan on telling him tomorrow Monday (20 July 2026). He has off and the girls are going to be gone for Camp. I am terrified. Not scared for any punishment I get.... just that I lose this blog. Deep breath!!! Pray for me!!!
Lisa, you are in my prayers. Know that your words have helped me in many ways. Thank you. God bless, Lady in Red
ReplyDeleteI will tell him that tomorrow. Thanks.
DeleteLisa,… Since the beginning, you (and your family) have been in my prayers and will always be, regardless of the outcome. You (your husband’s love and devotion as well as your readers) surely have been a blessing in my life. I’m sure others will write too. Share those and other commentary on here with your husband. If you are to be punished, I would offer myself up to accept that punishment on your behalf. Just tell me where and when. Love and prayers!!!! … Sir, please, as I know you will, listen to Lisa and her rational and pray that you do the right thing. Thank you!!
DeleteGood luck Lisa. I hope he can understand that many people who read Aron or Masters etc see this lifestyle as cruel and only for men to dominate and hurt women. You are making people think critically and showing love. Good luck, I hope you don't get punished. Wondering
ReplyDeleteWondering,
DeleteThank you. I am praying he is receptive. He is an amazing man and very level headed and he listens really well. I feel pretty confident that he will let me keep the blog. He responds to things I am passionate about.
-Lisa
Wondering this is Linda. I’ve said this all along that her blog serves a very important purpose because she’s one of the few that Is a well educated professional woman who lives this lifestyle by her own choice. She said a number of times she has safe words and while she’s never specifically said that I remember that you can revoke your consent to the lifestyle, she seems to be in a marriage that if she felt that way, she could discuss it with her husband, and he would agree.
DeleteI agree what you say about those other blogs, and in addition to the articles, some of the older articles, the descriptions of the punishments that men gave on there were just horrific. I know for a fact that there was one blog on Christian domestic discipline that the blog got pulled because the wife who wrote it felt it turned into abuse and no longer wanted to live that way. I don’t know what’s happened since then. But Lisa talks a lot about consent and I do know that those other blogs the wives are not allowed to revoke their consent, and they have very little autonomy, with their husbands controlling how they dress , what media they consume, and sometimes even what the wives make for dinner.
Lisa speaks of her husband beautifully and provides other women with a framework for what it’s like to be highly professional woman who chooses her dynamic with her husband.
I hope as well that she will receive no punishment from writing this.
Good. I love the marital support and strong bond. Part of marriage is supporting each other's passions. Follow yours. Wondering
DeleteLinda,
DeleteThank you for your comment. I think my blog serves an important purpose too.
I have used my safe word once, and funny story it was not for something he did. It was I had a severe cramp on my caves that I could not deal. He not only stopped but he helped message it out and helped me stretched. Got me water and then about 20 min later he spanked me.
And yes I can say I could revoke my consent, and we did take a break for several years while I was going through Chemo and I could not physically. And I know hubby would stop but also I think he would be very sad that it stopped. And as of now I have no intention of revoking consent.
As far as hubby. It is easy to write well of him because he is such a level headed human.
-Lisa
Lisa, Why would men want to continue this lifestyle if their wives want to stop? Wondering
DeleteThanks Lisa for your reply about your stance on consent. You had mentioned you stopped when you were sick, which I hope that happens in every DD marriage or during pregnancy.
DeleteThat’s interesting that you think your husband would be sad if it all ended. I guess that’s a topic for another post.🥰
Linda
Linda,
DeleteYes I will have to visit that topic of him being sad later. BTW that is just a guess that he would be sad.
Wondering,
DeleteI would say that they would want to continue (btw just a guess because I am not them) because of a couple of things.
1. People do not do well with change normally. Can you imagine you get married with the though of living in your home town and then the spouse said, after 22 years, no we are going to move somewhere else.
2. They probably think it's working, why would we change?
-Lisa
Position yourself in a humble position as you tell him. And just remember, honesty is always the best policy. Single Guy here
ReplyDeleteHi Sir, (Single Guy)
DeleteI love that so much.... you are 100% correct. Honesty is always the best policy. I would add, even when it's hard!
Good luck, Lisa. You’re doing the right thing! I pray that your husband allows you to keep at least this blog. It’s become an important part of my study and I’ve learned so much from you about respect, marriage, and submission. Thank you for all you’ve done to shed light on a difficult subject.
ReplyDeleteI commend you Lisa. I cannot say I do not hope you get severely chastised but I do hope you are permitted to continue.
ReplyDeleteMr Peter Evans
Thank you sir.
DeleteI hope I am permitted to continue as well.
Please do not wish pain on Lisa. She has shown love in this lifestyle. Most men in this lifestyle never post on their consequences, correcting themselves first, love compassion and mercy. Praise and being lucky you have a good woman. How to treat her with respect. She normalized a relationship that would make men look like monsters in the vanilla world. I hope she doesn't get punished but is treated with understanding and love because she needs this blog and so do others. Of course this reply might never get published. Sad Good luck Lisa, you are a good woman. Wondering
DeleteWondering. Thank you so much. I can understand a man being upset reading what I did. But that is still up to hubby.
Delete