Different Perspectives

 Different Perspectives

One of the biggest differences between my husband and me has nothing to do with our personalities, our hobbies, or even how we approach parenting. It has to do with this lifestyle.


  • I write this blog because I need to talk about it.

  • I need to talk about being spanked.

  • I need to talk about domestic discipline.

  • I need to talk about the things that have become such an important part of my marriage and my personal growth.


My husband is the exact opposite.


He is quiet and reserved. He is careful. Calculated. He thinks through consequences before making decisions. While I process things by talking and writing, he processes things by keeping them private.


And honestly, I understand why.


If our lifestyle became public knowledge, it could affect our lives in ways most people don't realize. It could affect our jobs. It could affect our standing in our church. Friends could distance themselves from us. Family members could misunderstand us. People could make assumptions about our marriage without ever taking the time to understand it.


My husband has always been extremely protective of our privacy. He has never even taken a picture of my bottom after a punishment or maintenance spanking. Not once.


His reasoning is simple. "Once a picture has been taken digitally, it lasts forever and might get out there."


That is exactly how he thinks. He is always considering risks that I never think about. Sometimes I admire that quality. Sometimes I find it frustrating.


The only person I have ever told about our relationship is my sister.


I didn't tell her to shock her. I didn't tell her because I wanted approval. I told her because she is my sister and because I hoped she might be able to understand. During our conversation, she admitted something that surprised me. She told me that she had her own desire to be spanked. The difference was that her husband had no interest in it.


She eventually worked up the courage to ask him to spank her one time. According to her, it was awkward, uncomfortable, and such a terrible experience that she vowed never to ask again.


My heart hurt for her. Not because I think every woman needs domestic discipline. Not because every marriage should look like mine. But because I understood how vulnerable she must have felt asking for something that was important to her. I told her I would pray for her and that I hoped she would find happiness in whatever form that took.


Later, I mentioned the conversation to my husband. He was not pleased. In fact, he was angry. His response has stuck with me ever since. He said, "By outing yourself, you have outed me too."


At first, I wanted to argue. After all, I had only shared my own experiences. But the more I thought about it, the more I understood his point. This lifestyle isn't just about me. It's about us. Anything I reveal about myself automatically reveals something about him as well. That realization has left me feeling conflicted. Because the truth is, I need an outlet. Not want. A Need.


Writing helps me process my thoughts. It helps me understand my experiences. It helps me connect with people who might be feeling just as alone as I once felt. At the same time, I understand my husband's desire for privacy.


I understand his concerns, I understand his caution, and I respect it.


That is why this blog has always been anonymous and under a pseudonym. That is why I am careful about what details I share. That is why I never reveal identifying information.


Still, there is a part of me that feels torn. I believe in honoring my husband. I believe in respecting his leadership. I believe in following him. Anyone who reads this blog regularly knows how important those things are to me. 


Yet there is one area of my life where I keep a secret. He does not know that I write this blog. Even typing those words makes me uncomfortable. I don't like keeping secrets from him. In every other area of our marriage, I strive for openness and honesty.


This is the one exception. Perhaps that makes me a hypocrite. Perhaps it simply makes me human.


I don't know.


What I do know is that there are women reading these words who may feel isolated. Women who cannot talk about this part of their lives with friends, family, coworkers, or church members. Women who may be carrying questions, fears, or desires that they have never spoken aloud.


If that is you, I hope you know you are not alone.


I may not have all the answers. In fact, I am still trying to sort through some of these questions myself. But I do know that writing has helped me.


And for now, this little corner of the internet remains the place where I can share my thoughts, tell my story, and connect with others who understand.


Even if my husband and I will probably never agree on just how private those stories should be.


Comments

  1. Olivia, You had to know that I would not post your comment. I do not agree with you.

    I do not know why you come to this blog when it upsets you so much.

    If you want to email me I will message you back BUT NOT HERE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa, thank you for keeping out the negativity. Your blog is such a nice safe space for us to share and learn from each other. I hope it stays that way. — Thank you also for the ability to comment anonymously. I wish Aron’s site offered the same. I think he would get a lot more discussion that way. -Many, many thanks for putting yourself out there. You are helping people like me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I live in a DD relationship with my husband and am a spanked wife. I can relate to so much of what you write, and this post is no exception.

    When we were new to this relationship, my husband would get frustrated when I reached out to others for support. I think now he doesn’t really care if someone finds out, but he does feel that what we do is our business, so we still keep things private. For me, the bigger fear has always been my family and friends finding out.

    I showed this blog post to my husband, and his first reaction was, “Oh boy, she’s in big trouble when he finds out.” Then he said something that surprised me—he understands me a lot better now when it comes to needing support from others.

    I think many women need a sense of sisterhood and connection. We often look for encouragement, understanding, and reassurance from other women. Men, on the other hand, seem less concerned about having others approve of or relate to their choices.

    Sometimes I just wish I had a friend I could write to or call up and say, “I’m facing a big one and could really use some encouragement.” Living this lifestyle can feel very lonely at times, especially when you don’t have anyone you can openly talk to about it.
    Sending lots of hugs your way, and a great big thank you for helping me feel less alone. Knowing there are others who understand these experiences and feelings means more than I can put into words.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh girl, I totally relate. I wish there was a girlfriend that I could get with before or after a spanking to talk with.

      Yes I would be in trouble if (not when) he finds out. The problem is... this blog would be shut down and my computer taken away. If it was just a spanking and I could still connect and write my blog, then it would be worth it.

      Delete
    2. Professional WomanJune 12, 2026 at 5:21 AM

      Yes, I strongly agree talking with a girlfriend that can relate especially before and after would be welcoming. Unfortunately, like many others, I don’t have such a girlfriend. I have a big barn / woodshed moment coming up on Saturday. I’ve known since Monday and it’s well-deserving but still has me more than just concerned as I’ve been taken and spanked there before. What changed is that I’ve been told it will be most memorable, every implement in there will be used “extensively,” surely, not easily forgotten, basically one for the history books. Worried that I can’t take it all and have to repeat it. More so, ashamed that I embarrassed him and put myself in this position. And .. well.. a lot going on in my mind in the last few days. Not to mention going to the office next week. … thank you Lisa for your blog.

      Delete
    3. Professional Woman, from the sounds of it I think I’d be worrying over it also. Is it over? Hopefully you’re both feeling better! I really struggle staying in place when it gets intense ๐Ÿ˜ฌ sending hugs!

      Delete
    4. Professional WomanJune 19, 2026 at 7:55 AM

      Thank you Katie! Especially, thank you for the hugs! It means a lot! Yes, thank God it’s over! I was rightfully punished and now all is forgiven! Yes, staying in place was very challenging, especially this time around. He was lovingly and respectfully patient as well as kind with me. He took his time while giving me everything he thought I deserved and needed. I did stay home from work on Monday and Tuesday doing lots and lots of chores. On Wednesday I walked slowly and proudly to the office and sat gingerly at my desk. Sitting surely reinforced my lesson. Thank you for your kindness and a big thank you to Lisa for this forum. I consider you a friend.

      Delete
  4. Lisa, as grateful as I am that you do write this blog, because I think it's a gentler and kinder version of Aron's blog, it does worry me that you write it without your husband's permission. I know I am a stranger and I would not like to get in your business too much, but I think you need to pray deeply on this. God in His infinite wisdom led you to your husband's arms to be his helpmeet. We honor God by accepting our Husband's headship, and you are not honoring God by lying and being deceitful. Lying in a Sin. And if you do decide to tell your husband (which I pray fervently you do), I would like to offer my plea to him to allow you to continue writing this blog.

    Lisa's husband - this has been such a helpful blog for so many of us wives out here who sometimes feel we can not be ourselves and proud of our Godly submission to our husbands! Please honor your wife's need for a community to discuss this lifestyle because we do need community and many of us lack that with our in-person friendships. In Jesus' name I pray you make this allowance for your wife.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Darcy. I will pray about it. I have prayed so much about it. I just know him and I don't want him to shut this blog down!

      Delete
    2. Lisa it’s Linda
      Do you think he would let you Continue the blog after period of time? Since you said, it’s a lot of details, including your name, or are anonymous. Maybe he would just be hurt that you started it without letting him know? Would this cause a punishment or perhaps there’s things in your marriage like this that you can do on your own?

      To be honest, I don’t think these blog posts should bother him at all — they are well written , nothing to dramatic in them.
      Your fiction, however, is quite “kinky”( perhaps There’s a better word ) and I don’t know how he would feel about those stories ๐Ÿ˜‰

      But best of luck as you decide what to do. I’m sure that’s very hard.

      Delete
    3. Honestly I do not think he would have a problem with this blog. It would be the Journaling (my spankings) and the Fiction (made up stories) that would really upset him. I think me recounting what happens between us when he spanks me would feel like to him that we are airing our dirty laundry.

      Delete
    4. Lisa, your journaling (spankings) is so good though, sometimes I feel like I’m about to be in trouble right along with you ๐Ÿ˜ฌ! And you portray the story in such a sweet way that those of us that choose this lifestyle clearly see the love in your correction. I’ve shared some of your journals with my husband (since this is still a little new for us) so he can see how others live this out which I know he’s appreciated.
      -Katie

      Delete
    5. Yes I am glad I journal my spankings. I feel like it is freeing and I learn a lot from my writing it down. Also it is a moment in history that is frozen in time. And I think others like reading about them. I notice that I get more comments on punishment spankings verses the maintenance spankings.

      Delete
    6. Like it has been mentioned in another post, just because a little girl grows up doesn’t mean her little girl attitude goes away completely and because every couple deals with things differently based on needs is why others are curious and also why this community is desired. When you describe what you did to earn it and how your husband dealt with you, it’s almost like being at a slumber party sharing stories! “GIRL, you did what? Oh that’s nothing…” lol

      Delete
    7. Sage McDowell

      Delete
    8. Lisa I would first like to agree with what Darcy said that I worry for your eternal soul by disobeying your husband and being deceitful. However it feels weird that I am so personally grateful for your blog and this comments section that feels like a place where I can be who I truly feel in my deepest heart is myself, which is a very submissive wife. My friends IRL have been supportive but very confused by my young marriage, my new pregnancy and by my decision to stop working to focus on being a housewife and mother. I love my friends and my coworkers and sisters and my parents but I am taking a different path than they are and it sometimes feels like I have church and here where I can be the me that I like best. The me that fiercely loves God and who wants to submit to my husband. I pray for you to come to the decision that you believe God wants for you.

      Delete
  5. Lisa . You are a human being who has a right to express herself. This blog is clearly significant for you. You clearly honor, love and respect your husband but that doesn't mean you need to give up what is important to you as a person and a biblical wife. God respects and loves men and women who do good in his name

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I do honor him, adore him and most of all respect and love him.

      Delete
  6. You need a TIH sisterhood. This lifestyle clearly works for you. I don’t think you would have it any other way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh yes Anonymous. A taken in hand sister that we could meet and talk about it over coffee.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

About My Other Blog - Lisa’s Spanking Journal

Implements hidden in plain sight

Can anyone Tell?